Export newsletters with Mail Designer 365 and send via ConstantContact
Need custom HTML responsive email templates for ConstantContact? If you use ConstantContact to send out your email template, then you can still use Mail Designer 365, an email creator and email designer software for Mac users, to create your email design. Mail Designer 365’s mail templates give you the flexibility to create beautiful email newsletters that are compatible with ConstantContact and perfect for your email marketing campaigns. This guide shows you how you can use Mail Designer 365 to create your email design and the export ready to use with the ConstantContact platform – letting you enjoy the best of both worlds.
Create and send email newsletters using ConstantContact
Here’s how to create a newsletter template design for ConstantContact and reach mail clients with help from the the HTML export feature in Mail Designer 365…
Exporting your email templates for ConstantContact:
- Get started by using the creative tools and design resources in Mail Designer 365 to build an impressive email template using drag and drop.
- Once you are satisfied with your design, choose “Share” > “Website / HTML…”
- Enter a URL prefix for the server where your images will be hosted. This step is important as it ensures the graphic elements of your design will be displayed properly later on.
- Make sure you select “Restricted Compatibility” before clicking “Export.” This is needed to make your design compatible in ConstantContact.
- Your email design will be saved as a folder containing a content.html file as well as the other graphic elements of your design.
- Upload all of the graphic elements of your design to the server location you specified on export.
Uploading your email template
Step One: Sign in to your ConstantContact account. On the start page, select “Create a new email” to get started.
Step Two: From the options provided, select “Custom code.”
Now enter a label to help identify your email campaign:
From this window, choose HTML as the format of your email.
Step Three: Fill out the information needed for your email campaign. This includes the subject line, sender information, and business information. When you have completed this, click on “Advanced editor.”
Step Four: You will now be given space to enter the HTML code of your Mail Designer 365 email design. To locate this code, find the content.html file from the HTML export and open it with a text editor such as SubEthaEdit. Copy the entire text and paste it into the box. Make sure you delete the example code in the box first.
Step Five: Once you’ve copied your code, you can go to “Preview” to check through your design and see if it is what you were expecting. If something has gone wrong, go back through the previous steps. If you are still having difficulties, please get in touch with our support team.
Now you can send yourself a test email to view the design in your email inbox. Click on “Send a test version” and enter your email address. If you’re happy, you can then move on and send to your ConstantContact email lists.
How to upload a HTML email template to ConstantContact – made simple!
And that’s how to upload your Mail Designer 365 email design to use in ConstantContact! We hope our walkthrough of creating and sending email campaigns has been helpful. Now, you can send out your custom HTML mail design without having to worry about manually entering lines of code. Simply create your newsletter using drag and drop and the rest is simple!