Colors are important design elements that stimulate different emotions. Over the past decade, adding colors to designs has transformed. Whether you want to use soft, pastel colors or bright, loud colors - implementing smooth color transitions has become essential in creating beautiful effects. Gradients help add eye-catching visuals without being an eyesore. Creating transitions from one color to the next can give depth and contrast to the overall layout design of your email newsletter templates.
With Mail Designer 365, you can create exquisite color transitions. What's even better is that you are no longer limited to using gradients to create a transition between two colors. Now, you can add color transitions between a color and an image.
Here’s how to create a soft transition between a full-colored area and an image:
- In our example, we are going to create a transition effect between colored quadrilateral graphic elements and images.
- Make sure that the color and the image that you want to have a transition effect are next to each other.
- Then, drag a graphic object on top of the image you want to overlay.
- Afterwards, color the graphic object to have the same color as the area that you want to overlap using Mail Designer 365's color picker.
- You can change the fill by switching from "Solid Color" to "Gradient"
- You can adjust the angle of the gradient so that the falling transparency part of your full-color surface looks like it's fading away
- Play around with your gradient. You can either change the order of the color or adjust the position with the angle control and see which method creates the look and effect that you want your color transition to have.
Tip: With this method, you can easily create transitions from one color to another. This can be quite elegant when you overlap it to a background color.
Until next time,
Your Mail Designer 365 team